Presented by Barbara Hodel, Dip.CBST, MDI (CPDT)
Puppy socialisation and socialisation in general is one of the buzz words in dog training these days. But what does it mean? Are socialisation and life skills really the same?
This webinar is aimed at trainers running puppy pre school classes and humans who are looking for a puppy pre school for their new puppy.
- Define socialisation and life skills.
- Explain the critical socialisation periods in puppies, including fear phases.
- Describe what do puppies need to be socialised to and what do they need to learn.
- How does a good puppy pre school curriculum look?
- As a new puppy parent, how do you chose a puppy class?
- Play and interaction with other puppies - the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Is play important and what are the benefits?
About The Presenter
In 2015 I completed my Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology at the Companion Animal Sciences Institute in Canada. But I have been involved in dog training for the last 20 years and completed a Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services as a Delta-accredited instructor in 2007. I have been running Goodog Positive Dog Training on the Northern Beaches Sydney for the last 13 years, running classes on all levels as well as workshops and agility fun classes. We also do in home consultations.
I compete on master level in Agility and Rally O with Shellbe my 7 year old German Shorthaired Pointer. My young dog Chillax is just starting out and has gained his Rally Novice title in 2019 but he is still a real teenager.
I am the president of the Pet Professional Guild Australia.
I am a registered breeder with Dogs NSW.
I had a life before dogs and hold a Master's Degree in Modern European History and Economics from the University of Bern (Switzerland) and a MBA (Master of Business Administration) from Southern Cross University Australia. I have in-depth experience in adult education and training, having taught high school and university students in Bern, college students in Sydney, as well as middle and top management employees of a large public corporation in Switzerland.